What You Can Expect From a Caregiver After Surgery
Those first few months after surgery will be some of the most delicate for you or your loved one. Small, seemingly menial tasks that we take for granted will require some extra-loving assistance. Attentive, consistent, and professional care will become invaluable as you or a loved one heals from injury or surgery. Also, it is essential to have someone nearby if complications arise. Fever, infection, or scarring are especially common for older adults who undergo a major medical procedure. Here at A Better Solution, our mission is to provide your family with the sigh of relief you so deserve. Here’s everything you can expect from your at-home caregiver post-operation.
After Surgery Care 101: What Exactly Does it Entail?
At-home assistance provides full-spectrum, personalized care to meet each individual’s needs. This means no two care plans will look the same. Depending on the individual’s post-operative needs, caregiving plans can include many services. For example, medication administration, grooming, wound care, and transportation can be included. The primary goal is to ensure the client’s safety and well-being.
Full-Spectrum Post-Operative Care
After surgery, clients’ needs may be complex and ever-changing. This is why we’re committed to providing full-spectrum care to the individuals we serve. To offer the highest quality service to you or your loved one, at-home care includes, but is not limited to:
1. Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
- Grooming, feeding, bathing, incontinence care, medication reminders, and medication intake and transfer are all included in post-operative care.
- Transportation to and from the doctor or surgical site, errand assistance, supervision, aiding in communication with doctors, and overall support with daily tasks fall under ADL.
- Caregivers may provide light housekeeping, laundry, and meal preparation as well.
2. Nursing Care (RN/LVN)
- Some clients may require assistance with a complex array of medical needs. At-home nursing care includes medication administration, wound care, vent/trach care, ostomy care, G-tube care, and overall rehabilitative care.
3. Compassionate One-on-One Attention
- The recovery process takes time, and caregivers are here to ensure an easeful transition after surgery.
- We offer 24/7 on-call services for matters needing immediate assistance.
- Our services ensure a consistently attentive, caring, and compassionate presence for you or your loved one during the healing process.
What About Complications Post-Op?
Unfortunately, complications can often arise in those first few months after surgery. It’s pretty standard. However, this doesn’t mean post-surgery complications should go unacknowledged or neglected. Having an at-home caregiver to supervise and ensure the client’s safety can make all the difference.
Things like fever, scarring, or infection after surgery can easily be prevented or nipped in the bud. An at-home nurse monitoring symptoms, alleviating discomfort, and administering medication can significantly prevent complications. The last thing you should worry about is receiving the proper care if complications arise.
Not only this, we provide 24/7 on-call services to handle immediate needs. This way, you or your loved one will never be without the care you deserve.
Consistent Care Matters
Every person deserves to recover from surgery or injury in a way they feel most comfortable. This means receiving consistent, stable, and compassionate care throughout every phase of the journey. Not only is it vital to a person’s physical well-being, but it can also make all the difference for their emotional well-being. At A Better Solution in Home Care, we are completely devoted to giving our clients exceptional care during their recovery. To learn more about providing at-home care to you or a loved one, feel free to contact us or take a deeper look at our clients’ services. Additionally, please feel free to view our other blogs. With A Better Solution, you can breathe easy knowing that your loved one is taken care of.