Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
The coronavirus outbreak has been declared a public health emergency by the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A Better Solution In Home Care wants you to know that your health and safety is our priority. In order to ensure the safety of our clients and staff, we strongly encouraging everyone to follow standard prevention practices to reduce the spread of all viruses.
How to protect yourself
Practice everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. It should be at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home and keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Practice other good health habits. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food.
Patients with confirmed COVID-19 infection have reported mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
At this time, the CDC believes that symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure. If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop these symptoms, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
While this situation is concerning, the latest information still suggests that the immediate health risk to the general public remains low. A Better Solution In Home Care is committed to the protection of clients and staff and will continue to actively monitor this situation. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our office.